This is a fusion Chinese and Thai appetizer, we added smoked flavour in this recipe. The smoked flavour made the chicken salad go wild and tasty. Maybe you can try this recipe on the coming Chinese New Year. It is kind of Yusheng, you can replace the chicken breast with salmon sashimi and the vegetables you like.
I usually will prepare salad during hot weather. Because of the humid and sweaty weather in Malaysia always let me lost my appetite to have my meals. So I will ready different type of salad as an appetizer. And this fusion Chinese and Thai salad is one of my favourites. It tastes a little spicy and sour with the hot sauce, and a variety of crunchy vegetables boost up the nutrition and colour of this chicken salad. It is tasty by simply eating or as a side dishes to eat with any noodles or rice. Though It quite suitable to be party food too, such as Asian cuisine themed party would be a great appetizer for friends and family.
Information from the internet, Thai salads often do not have raw vegetables or fruit as their main ingredient. But use minced meat, seafood or noodles instead. Similar to salads in the West, these dishes often have a souring agent, usually lime juice. And feature the addition of fresh herbs and other greens in their preparation. Thai salads are not served as entrées but normally as one of the main dishes in a Thai buffet-style meal. Together with rice (depending on the region this can be glutinous rice or non-glutinous rice). Or the Thai rice noodle called Khanom Chin. Specialised Khao Tom Kui (plain rice congee) restaurants also serve a wide variety of Thai salads of the yam type as side dishes. Many Thai salads, for instance, the famous som tam, are also eaten as a meal or snack on their own.
Smoked Chicken Salad Served in Rice Noodle Bird Nest Bow
Please Click 1-5 Star to Rate This RecipePrint Pin Comment & Rate
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai Style Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
Chicken Breast Marinade
- A pinch of Ground Peppper
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 200 g Chicken Breast
- 50 g Onions
- 50 g Carrots
- 50 g Cucumber
- 50 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- Rice Noodle
- Dried Chili Flakes
Instructions of Rice Noodle Bird Nest Bowl
- Chunk rice noodle into water for about 5 minutes to make it soft.
- Heat up oil, put the rice noodle into a ladle and use another ladle to hold down, dip into hot oil fried until it turn golden color.
Instructions of the Salad
- Pan fry the marinaded chicken breast and tear the chicken into shreds.
- Chop onion, carrot, cucumber into shreds, garlic minced and cherry tomatoes to slice.
- Put a slice of onion on the salad ingredients.
- Put a burned charcoal on the slice of onion and pour a little cooking on the burned charcoal.
- Close it with a big bowl and let it smoked for 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce and stir well all the ingredients.
- Serve the mixed well salad into the Rice Noodle Bird Nest Bowl.
- Sprinkling dried chili flakes and put on flowers decorations.
We are Penangites who love to COOK & EAT, so we are sharing the food we love with you. Know more about us…