Baozi is a kind of food with strong satiety, and is also an indispensable food in people’s lives. Because, during the quarantine period, many breads on the shelves were sold out. If you want to eat bread, we have also a vegan bread recipe with simple ingredients. Otherwise, it is also a good choice to eat steamed buns with light appetite due to the bad weather recently.
Besides, the process of kneading the dough not only heal the body and soul, but also move the muscles and sweat to promote metabolism is also good for the health.
This Pumpkin Baozi uses the moisture of steamed pumpkin without adding a drop of water. In the process of kneading, you just need to add some flour frequently. The dough that is kneaded until it is not sticky your hands and the dough texture prefer harder and the Baozi will be taste chewy. Moreover, this steamed bun has the natural gold colour of pumpkin, beautiful, delicious and non-sticky to your teeth. Baozi fillings can be changed to salty or sweet tastes as you like. The pumpkin implies being full of golden jade, and it is good-looking and beautiful to sharing for family and friends to taste or worship the ancestor nor worship God.
Pros And Cons Of Pumpkin
Pumpkin is a common food that can be used as both a vegetable and main course food. It is rich in nutrients and contains starch, protein, carotene, vitamin B, vitamin C and calcium and phosphorus. Rich in carotene and vitamin C, it can strengthen the spleen, prevent gastritis, prevent night blindness, protect the liver, make the skin delicate and neutralize carcinogens. Due to the pumpkin have a warm-up body functions, eating more will promote damp heat. If you don’t eat a proper amount of cold food such as cucumber or bitter gourd sort of cold food. While eating pumpkin too much, it is likely to cause people to get sick and other uncomfortable symptoms. Moreover, pumpkins are also prone to moisture. These moistures can easily induce various diseases and are very harmful to health.
Therefore, no matter what food has many therapeutic effects, it must be eaten in moderation so as not to be causing sickness.
Pumpkin Sweet Corn Baozi (Steamed Buns)
Please Click 1-5 Star to Rate This RecipePrint Pin Comment & Rate
🎃 Pumpkin Baozi
- 250 g Pumpkin
- 350 g All Purpose Flour
- 15 g Sugar
- 4 g Instant Yeast
🌽Sweet Corn Filling
- 200 g Canned Creamed Corn
- 70 g Sugar
- 5 g Butter
- 3 tbsp Custard Powder
- 2 tbsp Powdered Milk
- 150 ml Water
- A Pinch of Salt
🎃 Pumpkin Baozi
- Peeled, seeded, diced and steam a 250g of pumpkin about 20 minutes until soft.
- Add sugar into the steamed pumpkin and mash it. Set aside let it cool.
- After cooling, add instant yeast and mix well.
- Sift the flour, pour the mashed pumpkin into the flour and stir to form a dough, and then knead it until smooth.
- If the dough is too dry during the kneading process, add a little water, otherwise, add some flour. Knead it into a slightly harder dough so that it will not lose shape too seriously when proofing.
- Cut the dough into 8 portions (about 75 grams each) and knead to form a thin on the outside and thick on the inside dough.
- Put in sweet corn filling (about 45 grams) and sealed. Smooth the surface, put a piece of baking paper on the bottom of the dough, put the dough into a pot and cover to prevent it from being blown dry.
- After all the dough are filled with fillings, start to use the bamboo sticks and knives to press out the pumpkin marks. (If you don’t have to do styling, you can skip this step and let it rest for 40 minutes)
- Styling will take about 20-30 minutes. After styling it, put it in the steamer and rest for about 15 minutes.
- High heat steam until water boiling, then turn to medium heat and steam for 15 minutes. After that, turn off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
🌽 Sweet Corn Filling
- Pour water into a pot, then add in custard powder and milk powder then mix well.
- Add butter, sugar, canned sweet corn soup and a pinch of salt. Turn the fire on, stirring with medium-low heat until sticky, turn off the heat and set aside.