Do you want a colorful and vibrant breakfast? Then try rainbow steamed buns! These steamed buns not only look amazing, but they also have great elasticity and a chewy texture that is not sticky to your teeth. Making rainbow steamed buns is not difficult, as long as you are patient, you can try making them at home.
Making The Steamed Buns
First, you need to prepare some basic ingredients, such as flour, yeast, milk, sugar, and vegetable and fruit powder. Mix the flour, yeast, sugar, and milk together to form a dough, then divide the dough into several portions and add different colors of vegetable and fruit powder to each portion to make different colored dough. Roll the colored dough into long strips and divide them into small portions. Finally, wrap the colored dough with the white dough, put them in a steamer, and let them ferment for 1 hour either until they are 1.5 times their original size before steaming them.
Various healthy and nutritious ways to eat
Rainbow steamed buns not only add color to your breakfast, but they can also make you the most dazzling star at friend gatherings or family dinners. These steamed buns can be paired with various flavors of sauces and ingredients, such as jam, butter, cheese, fruit, and more, creating a rich and colorful taste.
They are also quite nutritious. Basic ingredients such as flour and milk contain rich protein, carbohydrates, and fats, providing enough energy. In addition, the various vegetable and fruit powders can provide your body with various vitamins and minerals.
Rainbow steamed buns, with their colorful and vibrant appearance, are not only a delicacy but also a way of life. Come and try making rainbow steamed buns together and enjoy the beauty of life!
Rainbow Steamed Buns
Please Click 1-5 Star to Rate This RecipePrint Pin Comment & Rate
- In a large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, sugar, yeast, and milk to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions of 110g each, and add different vegetable and fruit powders to each portion to create dough of different colors.
- Roll each color of dough into long strips, and pad them up, divide them into 12 portions. Cover the portions to prevent them from drying out.
- Divide the remaining white dough into 12 portions, roll them into smooth balls, and cover them.
- Flatten the white dough balls, place the colored dough inside, and wrap the white dough around it. Seal the edges and place them on steaming paper.
- Put the steamed buns in a steamer, cover them, and let them ferment for 1 hour or until they have risen to 1.5 times their original size.
- Steam the buns on high heat for 10 minutes after the steam has risen.
- Turn off the heat, wait for 5 minutes before opening the lid, and then enjoy your rainbow steamed buns. If you cannot finish them, you can store them in the freezer and reheat them later.