This small cake is recently very popular! The fragrant and soft cake is wrapped in savory meat floss and seaweed, and when you bite into it, there is also a rich mayo sauce inside! This sweet and salty combination of meat floss cakes are delicious, and it’s not an exaggeration! One person can unconsciously eat 4 or 5 of them!
This small dessert is not difficult to make. Except for the cake base, which needs to be made yourself, all other ingredients can be bought ready-made. Making the cake base is like making a chiffon cake, but after mixing the batter, it is piped onto a baking tray using a piping bag.
This recipe can make 8 to 10 small cakes, and friends who want to make more can adjust the recipe portion on our website. However, you need to consider whether your oven can bake so many small cakes at once. If you don’t control the heat well, the cake will collapse after baking.
Meat floss cakes are not so common and easy to find in Malaysia. After I made them, I packed them nicely and gave them to my family and friends. They all said they were delicious! So you should also learn how to make these meat floss cakes and share them with your family and friends! Have a happy baking~
Meat Floss Cake
Please Click 1-5 Star to Rate This RecipePrint Pin Comment & Rate
- 2 Eggs about 65g with shell
- 30 g Milk
- 20 g Corn Oil
- 35 g Cake Flour
- a little Lemon Juice
- 30 g Caster Sugar
- 100 g Mayonnaise
- 10 g Milk Powder
- 50 g Condensed Milk
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites first. The bowl containing the egg whites must be oil-free and water-free.
- Add milk and corn oil to the egg yolk bowl, and stir until emulsified.
- Then sift the cake flour into it and mix well with the zigzag method.
- Before starting to beat egg whites, preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Also prepare the piping bag and baking paper first.
- Add a little lemon juice to the egg white.
- Beat the egg whites with a whisk at high speed. When the egg white is beaten until thick bubbles appear, add the caster sugar in 3 portions.
- Whip the meringue to the stiff peak. That is, there are small peaks that stand upright when you pick up the egg beater.
- Spoon about one-third of the meringue into the egg yolk batter, and mix well with the zigzag and folding method.
- Pour the mixed egg yolk batter into the meringue, and mix well by the folding method.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag after mixing well and pipe the batter on a baking tray.
- When ready, put them into the preheated oven and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes. According to the situation, turn to top heat to make the surface slightly burnt and colored.
- Knock it immediately after it comes out of the oven so that the heat can release quickly.
- Mix the “mayonnaise” ingredients evenly and set aside.
- Also mix the ingredients of “Meat Floss Seaweed” evenly.
- Spread a thick layer of mayonnaise on the inside of the cake and a thin layer on the outside.
- Finally, wrap the meat floss seaweed, and enjoy it!