There is one papaya in our backyard that can be harvested, so today I will share with you a refreshing and spicy side dish “Papaya Chicken”. Yes, it’s stir fry chicken with papaya! It tastes sweet, salty and slightly spicy. It is a modern fruit cooking recipe and quite appetizing.
Let’s process the chicken first, cut the chicken into small pieces and then add a pinch of salt to marinate the chicken. You can replace the chicken fillet with chicken thigh or chicken breast as you like. In addition to chicken and papaya, other ingredients include chilli, dried squid, diced onion, minced garlic, kaffir lime leaves, palm sugar, Thai style chilli sauce and fish sauce. Dried squid can add a seafood flavour, which makes this dish more tasty. Friendly reminder, that the papaya you want to stir-fry should not be overripe. It is better if it is a little hard, otherwise it will be sodden after stir-fried.
Once the ingredients are ready, you can start cooking. The steps and operations are very simple. Heat up and pour oil into the pan, stir fry the diced chicken until slightly burnt and then add the minced garlic, chilli, dried squid and onion sauté until fragrant. After adding in onions and palm sugar stir fry until the palm sugar melts, then add in Thai style chilli sauce and fish sauce. Then finally add diced papaya and stir evenly. Turn off the heat and cut the kaffir lime leaves into the dish while still hot, and mix well. If you like a bit of sourness, you can also add some lime juice.
This side dish is perfect for serving with rice or an appetizer~
If you like this recipe, please help share it with relatives and friends~
Please Click 1-5 Star to Rate This RecipePrint Pin Comment & Rate
- 250 g Papaya
- 200 g Chicken Fillet
- 5 pcs Chili
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 3 tbsp Thai Style Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 10 g Palm Sugar
- Some Shredded Dried Squid
- Dice the chicken and marinate for 10 minutes with a little salt.
- Mince garlic, dice onion, and cut chilli.
- Peel and dice papaya.
- Heat the pan and pour in oil, fry the chicken until slightly burnt.
- Add minced garlic, chilli and shredded dried squid, sauté until fragrant.
- Then add onion and palm sugar, stir fry until the palm sugar melts.
- Pour in Thai chilli sauce and fish sauce.
- Add papaya and stir fry evenly, then turn off the heat.
- Cut the Kaffir lime leaves into shreds, mix well and enjoy.
We are Penangites who love to COOK & EAT, so we are sharing the food we love with you. Know more about us…