This is a very simple and delicious dish. It is one of the signature dishes in our café 10 years ago. The red colour fried chicken slices with red bean curd are very suitable for the Chinese New Year reunion dinner. It is delicious to eat with beer or with rice. You might like the Belacan Fried Chicken too.
Although the ingredients of this dish are very simple, but to make it delicious, you have to use good and quality ingredients. The quality of red bean curd and cooking wine determines its taste. I have used several brands of red bean curd and finally found that the fried chicken from this brand is particularly fragrant. And the saltiness and aroma of different brands are slightly different. For cooking wine, I use the more expensive and fragrant Huadiao wine.
Regarding the chicken breast, you can replace it with a chicken thigh if you prefer it. But chicken thigh meat is difficult to slice. Cutting the meat into thin slices allows the meat slices to be marinated to a larger area, which has a stronger taste, and it will be cooked faster.
Spread out the chicken slices when coating the rice flour, and place them on another empty plate to let it absorb the flour. So that the flour is not easy to loose during frying.
This snack will be better with special dipping sauce. The sauce is very simple, just add sweet vinegar to the chili sauce. The ratio is 1 tablespoon of chili sauce and half a teaspoon of sweet vinegar. Stir it well, that’s it.
If you like this recipe, please share it with friends and family~
Red Fermented Bean Curd Fried Chicken
Please Click 1-5 Star to Rate This RecipePrint Pin Comment & Rate
- 250 g Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 pc Red Bean Curd
- 2 tbsp Red Bean Curd sauce
- 2 tbsp Huadiao Wine/Rice Wine
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Corn Starch
- Some Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Black Sweet Vinegar
- Cut chicken into small pieces and slice into thin slices.
- Add red bean curd, red bean curd sauce, Huadiao wine, sugar and corn starch, stir evenly, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Coat the marinated chicken slices evenly with the rice flour.
- Put the coated chicken slices aside to let them absorb the flour.
- Heat the cooking oil. When the oil is hot, put in the chicken slices and fry them over high heat for about 10 seconds.
- Add sweet vinegar to the chili sauce, stir well and enjoy.
We are Penangites who love to COOK & EAT, so we are sharing the food we love with you. Know more about us…