This “one-pot” rice cooker chicken rice can come in handy when you’re lazy to cook many dishes. Those who cook don’t have to have a headache, and those who eat are also happy. It’s two birds one stone! In fact, it is also a simple version of the claypot chicken rice, and it is even better when served with Sambal chili.
To cook a delicious rice cooker chicken rice, the ingredients must be sauteed before being put into the rice cooker to cook. Although it may sound like a bit of a hassle, there is a big difference between sauteing and cooking it without sauteing. As for some people who don’t like spices like star anise or cinnamon, they can be reduced or omitted. Seasoning can also be increased or decreased according to personal preference.
Eggs are usually added, you can beat the eggs in before cooking, and it will taste like boiled eggs after cooking. Or wait until the rice is cooked then put the eggs in and simmer it. Or a fried egg or a scrambled egg to go with it!
If you like the rice cooker chicken rice we share, welcome to share it with your relatives and friends~ Wish you have a happy life~
Rice Cooker Chicken Rice
Please Click 1-5 Star to Rate This RecipePrint Pin Comment & Rate
- 250 g Chicken
- 1 Star Anise
- A Few of Cinnamon
- 3 cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 pcs Sliced Shallots
- 5 g Minced Ginger
- 1 Chinese Sausage
- 2 Chinese Dried Mushrooms
- Some Salted Fish
- 200 g Rice
- 200 g Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- a pinch of pepper
- 0.5 tsp Sesame Oil
- First marinate the chicken with [marinade ingredients] for 30-60 minutes, and soak the Chinese dried mushrooms in water then slice them for later use.
- Fry the salted fish in a hot wok with oil until fragrant, then add minced garlic, ginger and shallots to sauté until fragrant.
- After sauteing, add all the ingredients and saute until fragrant.
- After scooping into the rice cooker, add water, and stir to mix well the water and rice evenly before starting to cook.
- After cooking, simmer for 10 minutes to allow the rice to dry up and enjoy.